Thursday, August 11, 2011

What has helped us learn so far? How has this helped us learn?

During our inquiry unit we are trying to find out the answer to our rich question - How can we create a healthy meal to share at St. Lukes?
We reflected on the things that have helped us learn and how they have helped us. Here are some of our reflections.

The food pyramid has helped me learn about healthy and unhealthy food. (Ben)
Our guest speaker helped me learn about the types of food that I should be eating everyday. (Jasmine)
Jacqui, our guest speaker, told me that a tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable. (Peter)
My teacher told me about healthy fruit and vegetables. (Connor)
Going to Forest Hill and listeing to the shop keepers taught me about how food is prepared. (Ruby)
At Forest Hill seeing all the fresh food shops helped me learn about where food comes from? (Josen)
Reading books has helped me learn about food and how is helps us. (Tessa)
We learn from each other. (Jack)
Going to St. Thomas' helped me learn more about growing vegetables and using these to make food. (Natasha)
Planting our vegetable patch has helped me learn how to plant plants and look after them. (Ruby)
Making our own food has helped us to learn how to choose the right ingredients for a healthy meal. (Tessa)
People in my class helped me learn that not everyone can eat every type food. (Angus)
Jacqui helped me learn that I have to eat a rainbow of food everyday to stay healthy. (Will B.)
Cooking at school taught me how to create a healthy meal. (Jasmine)


3 comments:

Learning Together said...

I have learnt from you that there are so many ways to learn. As a teacher this is so important because I can make sure that I help my students by providing lots of different learning experiences - guest speakers, excursions, advice from experts, books, learning from classmates and hands on experiences like the vegie patch. It reminds me that we have so many rich resources to help us learn.
Thanks JD for sharing.
From Mrs Kennedy

Anonymous said...

Learning from experts is one way the Middles love to learn, too. What is great is that so many of the experts are our own mums and dads and family members.

Mrs Yore

Anonymous said...

Hi jd
we went to forest hill we made fruit sald jm made sandwich jg made dips it was delicious.
froom josen

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog - we love comments!