Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our Inquiry Action



Yesterday we cooked lunch for the Seniors of our Parish and the mums that have cooked with us during our inquiry unit ~ Masterchef.
We prepared and cooked a three course meal for our guests.
The first course was either pumpkin or chicken and corn soup.
The second course was salad or tuna sandwiches.
The third course was fresh fruit salad.
After preparing the meal we set the tables and decorated the hall. At 1pm we greeted our guests and served our meal. In between each course we performed our dances for our production.
It was the best action we could have made in our attempt to answer our rich question for our Inquiry ~ How can we create a healthy meal to share at St. Lukes?

I liked going to the elderly and talking to them about our learning. Even though I was scared to dance. It turned out to be fun. (Chloe)
I really enjoyed talking to the mums and the elderly people. (Tessa)
I enjoyed serving the parishoners the fruit salad. I also enjoyed performing our dances. (Adol)
I liked dancing. (Angus)
I liked it when we were dancing for our guests and I liked it when they said thank you for their lunch. (Connor)
I enjoyed dancing and serving the lunch. (Ava)
I enjoyed doing the dance and serving the food to our Parish. One of the Parish people said they liked our dance. (Natasha)
I liked setting up the lunch and talking to the people. (Josen)
I enjoyed dancing and singing. The clapped! (Jack)
I enjoyed doing the dancing for the elderly, serving the fruit salad and talking to the elderly about what we have learnt about food. (Jamie M.)
I enjoyed dancing and talking to the Parish and giving the food. (Kitty)
I enjoyed dancing and singing. (Grace)
I had a great time at the luncheon. I liked doing the dance and serving. (Ben)

4 comments:

rmannell said...

Dear Year 1/2,

This was a wonderful activity. One of the greatest joys you can have is caring for other people. I'm sure there are now Masterchefs at your school.

Your comments are all very interesting. They help me understand more of what happened. It seems you not only had a cjhance to cook, you set tables, served, talked and danced.

You must be in an amazing school.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
S-E NSW, Australia

Kim O'Connell said...

I had a wonderful time helping the juniors prepare lunch for the parishioners of our community. What a fantastic effort from all the children and teachers. You showed, through action, exactly what you have been learning this term and how important healthy food is to everyone. I'm sure the people that you made lunch for, really enjoyed their day.

Anonymous said...

Hello Junior D!!

I think you prepared a wonderful lunch for the Seniors and mums. What a fabulous way to share your learning! Not only did you let others know about what you've been learning at school, but you did something great for others. Older people love to be involved with you beautiful children!!

Thankyou so much for a very yummy meal and wonderful entertainment.

Love Margie

Anonymous said...

Great work 1/2's!! If I was there i would have ordered Pumpkin soup, a salad sandwich and of course fruit salad!! They all sound yummy!! It also sounds like everyone who attended have a wonderful time!! Well done!
Cheers Mrs Bellesini :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog - we love comments!