Monday, June 20, 2011

New Ways of Thinking

This morning we looked at the first page of 'Window' by Jeannie Baker. We are using this text to see the impact that humans have on an environment over time. Our class was asked to use three different levels of thinking  to discuss what we see in the picture (I see, I think, I wonder). These are some of our responses.

I See
  • a blue lakes
  • colourful butterflies
  • fresh grass
  • pretty flowers
  • big bushes
  • crunchy leaves
  • a blue sky
  • hopping kangaroos
  • green and yellow trees
  • little mud path
  • wooden toilet
I Think
  • the land is peaceful
  • that I wouldn't cut trees down
  • that the toilet is broken
I Wonder
  • how I can protect the environment
  • what the outside of Sam's house looks like
  • how Sam's house has changed
  • who made the pond
  • if there are animals behind the trees
  • how they made the swings on the tree
This was our first go at using this way of looking at an image. We look forward to improving with our descriptions and wonderings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Juniors,
I'm impressed to read your wonderings! I especially like the one about protecting the environment- especially as you now know all about the tiniest creatures that live there.

Mrss Yore

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog - we love comments!